My husband of almost 2 years, partner of 8 years and crush of 17...#swoon
Nowadays if you want to set aside a weekly "date night" that involves going out for dinner, a movies, drinks, etc...the night can get pretty pricey! I have gotten creative with a few inexpensive date ideas and honestly, most of the time they end up being more fun than a stuffy dinner or movie anyway! Happy to share with you some creative ways to spend time together without breaking the bank!
1. At-Home Movie Night: You can do this for under $10! Rent a few red box movies, buy some popcorn and a few boxes of candy and there you have it! You can set it up really cute for your man...post a "Welcome To Movie Night" with the DVD's, candy, and popcorn all on the table, and blankets/pillows on the couch ready to go! It will make an ordinary night seem exciting!
2. Go On A Picnic: This could be a really romantic Saturday or Sunday afternoon Fall date. Bring a bottle of wine, some cheese and crackers...pack a few blankets, one to sit on and one to cover up with...and just enjoy each other's company. You can do this for under $20! (Maybe even cheaper depending on the bottle of wine you get :))
3. A Day At The Museum: Now that we live in Boston, there are so many cool exhibits and museums that we can go to! The best part? Most are FREE! You can have a whole day exploring with your love for zero dollars. I would encourage you to research your area to see what you find...you'll be surprised how much you can do right in your own backyard!
4. Build A Living Room Fort: How many of you did this when you were little? Why did we stop just because we're adults? This is SO fun and doesn't cost a single thing. Create a blanket and pillow fort in front of the TV...make some snacks to eat in your "fort", then either talk or find a movie to watch on demand! Date night for $5!
5. At-Home Spa Treatment: You want to really surprise your man? Have candles lit, soft music playing, and lotions, scrubs, and massage oils lined up for when he comes home. Tell him to soak his feet in a warm sudsy water bath, give him a nice foot massage and scrub. While he's soaking his feet, massage his shoulders with oil. He will be pleasantly surprised and maybe even return the favor!