London and I ventured to Pine Point Beach in southern Maine last week, and it was absolutely gorgeous! There's no place like Maine in the summertime. Truly, it's magical. The beach was pretty packed, which I didn't mind since there were lots of kids for London to watch ;) This little fishy absolutely loves the water and is FEARLESS. She will crawl head first into a wave and cry when I pick her up so she doesn't drown! We had an awesome day, but by the end of it, I was one tired mama.
London's cute towel is from Pottery Barn and I've linked some other adorable ones! I've also linked a few swimmy diapers as well, if you scroll to the bottom of the post - you can shop there!
Below you'll find some tips for taking your little(s) to the beach! Enjoy!
1. Invest in an "easy to set-up" beach tent. We scored this LL Bean tent that I used for the first time last week, and it is AH-MAZING. I was solo with Lo, and it took me all of 2 minutes to set up and break down. Major win for this mommy!
2. Snacks, snacks ... and more snacks. Did I mention snacks? If you think you've packed enough, pack more. Of course, none of said snacks will be for you, because you'll never have time to sit, relax and actually eat something - but your kids will thank you. Quick + easy snacks like cut up fruit, crackers, PB + J bites, sliced cucumbers and watermelon are all good options!
3. Arrive early. There's nothing worse than having to park far away and then lugging all of your stuff (and your kids) what feels like multiple miles to the beach. You'll be sweaty and exhausted before you start with the fun stuff, like chasing your kid(s) around for the next 3 hours ;)
4. Sunscreen. Protect your kiddos skin + apply some SPF! In the 2.5 hours we were at the beach, I probably used an entire bottle on Lo. I am a psycho about it because I'm a big baby when I get a sunburn...do you think I wanna deal with an ACTUAL baby getting one? Also, while we're on the topic, guess who didn't apply sunscreen ONCE? Yep, you guessed it, this mama! I reapplied Lo's multiple times but didn't put any on myself. Sounds about right. #momlife :)
5. If you have a baby wearing swim diapers, BRING EXTRA. If your babe is out of diapers, BRING EXTRA CLOTHES. Lo wears the baby diapers of course, and while at the beach, nature called (specifically #2), and thankfully I had an extra diaper on hand for a quick change. Otherwise, she would have been "nakey baby" for the rest of the day and I would have gotten lots of "judgey" looks from other parents.