It's BABY WEEK!
I can't believe we will actually be meeting our sweet girl in just a few days! It's SO surreal and we couldn't be more excited/anxious/nervous/ALL of the above! As promised, I wanted to share what I packed in my bag for the hospital! When we had London, I made it a point not to overpack and was pleasantly surprised because I felt like the hospital really had a lot that we needed.
I'll start with what I put in my diaper bag:
- Baby Markwood's "going home" outfit
- Birth Plan (I did this last time too and gave it to my L&D nurse when we arrived for our induction)
- Swaddle blanket from Copper Pearl (We got this one!)
- Wubbanub paci plus a regular paci (probably not necessary, but, I packed them mostly for the days after we get home anyway)
- Newborn diapers, wipes, changing pad (again, probably not necessary)
- Letter board for baby announcement (under $16!)
Now I'm going to list the things that I brought in my own bag ... which is actually a small tote from Target.
- Toiletries / make up bag (yes, I put make up on the first time around too - it made me feel like a human ... so I plan to bring it again!)
- Sports Bra / comfortable bra for post-birth
- Underwear (literally could do without this...you'll end up wearing the super-attractive mesh underwear provided by the hospital because they're SO COMFORTABLE)
- Bathrobe; I am bringing this floral robe for photos but also a warmer one with long sleeves because hospitals are always cold!)
- Pajamas with buttons, I have this in gray and it's the BEST! Here is the shorts/top version (only $35 for the set!; I say "with buttons" because obviously if you're breast feeding it's easier...but also it's easier for skin to skin with your new baby, which is the best ever!)
- Phone/Phone Charger for ALL the pics and/or a video camera
- Your pillow from home; I'm SO glad I brought my own pillow the first time around. It was so much more comfortable and I picked my own cute pillowcase for photos :)
- Comfortable/roomy "going home" outfit; I opted for this Daisy Cami Maxi from Forever 21 that is loose fitting because let's be honest, you're not going to feel your absolute best!
I totally suggest making a small list of things you can't forget but also can't pack until you're just about to leave for the hospital! For me this was: phone, phone charger, toiletries, make up bag, and pillow! I strongly advise against overpacking. You'll have enough to worry about, but packing the car with 5 large bags shouldn't be one of them! I think if you want to bring a diaper bag, great - but if you can fit the baby's stuff with your stuff, that's fine too!
I hope this helped any parents-to-be! I'll make sure to post some updates / baby Markwood's birth story soon! If you want to follow along even closer, check my Instagram stories!