October is such a fun month! I love the chilly Fall weather creeping in, pumpkin everything, hot chocolate, colorful leaves and layering up! Last week we took Lo to Wilson Farm in Lexington for a little fun in the corn maze and of course, to take some cute Fall pics :) We indulged in some apple crisp samples and mulled around the property because it's just so perfectly decorated for the season. Naturally we had to pick up some apple cider donuts to bring home because, what's more "fall" than that and we grabbed some "carving" tools! Now we just need to get the pumpkins ;)
I wanted to share 5 ways you can celebrate the season! Here they are...
1. Visit a pumpkin patch! Pick out the perfect one to carve; your kids will love to scoop out the pumpkin seeds/guts because...MESS!
2. Bake something homemade together! Apple crisp is always a must but you could also make pumpkin-shaped sugar cookies and decorate with frosting!
3. Give your pumpkin a bath. We did this a few weeks ago with London and her friend and they absolutely loved it! We actually had them paint the pumpkin first with finger paints then do the bath - which worked well!
4. Make a pine cone bird feeder! I remember doing this in school when I was little and it was so much fun! I haven't done this with London yet but it's on our Fall "to-do" list.
5. Go on a "leaf hunt" for a fun project. Collect leaves then bring them home to paint! You could also make a "leaf wreath" by cutting the circle/middle out of a paper plate and glueing leaves around the outside!
Below you can see photos from our fun Friday at Wilson Farm!
Also, my entire outfit (except for the boots + purse) is from Mud Pie Market! I wanted to share it with you guys because it's super affordable and not only do they have really cute and fashionable choices for women - they also have adorable kids clothing! I snagged a few things for Lo! They have a whole "seasonal" section for each holiday which I really love. Definitely check out their home goods items - they have everything; decor, mugs, pillows, linens, frames and more! Let me just mention that the leggings I'm wearing are suede with an elastic waist (score) and super soft + comfy (under $20 on sale!) The tunic pictured, I highly recommend because the length is great for wearing with leggings also it's 60% off right now and just $14! Yes, $14 ... basically free :)
Thank you for stopping by!
This post is brought to you by Mud Pie Market. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.