My sister was on vacation recently and spent a few days with us! We decided to take advantage of the weather (while it was still warm!) by visiting the Franklin Park Zoo. It was London's first trip so we were super excited to see how she would react! The Children's Zoo just opened at the beginning of September after undergoing a major renovation. There's plenty to see there, or you can head over to Franklin Farm to see horses, donkeys, goats, chickens, and more! London is obsessed with giraffe's currently (because of her favorite book, "Dear Zoo"), so she was BEYOND pumped to see them. We brought our lunch and had a little picnic together before we saw the lions, tigers, gorillas, and spent time at the playground (duh!) We just had the BEST day and can't wait to go back! You can see more photos from our visit below ... and for my Boston mama's (and daddy's) or anyone planning a visit to Franklin Park Zoo, here are some "quick tips" to help make your visit a great one...
- There are a few parking lots, but I HIGHLY recommend parking at the "Zebra Entrance" (between Franklin Park Rd. and Blue Hill Ave.) for easy access to the Children's Zoo, Franklin Farm + the playground.
- Grab a map! Trust me on this one ... you'll reference this MANY times!
- There are multiple restroom locations (four to be exact), ALL which have changing stations
- Bring your own snacks, drinks, and/or lunch for a picnic on-site
- Forget something? Hit the Gift Shop for sunscreen, first aid needs, umbrellas, etc.
*Don't forget to check your local library for discounted passes*