Let's face it, we've all got a few things we could stand to change in 2017. Personally, I've got a longgg list going but I'll spare you the gory details (you're welcome), and share one thing that's definitely a priority heading into the New Year; my health. I've let a few things slide over the past 12 months, always pushing the blame onto #momlife, but the truth is, I just wanted (and needed) to cut myself some slack. Becoming a mom is a MAJOR life change and 2016 was consumed with trying to find some type of harmony between wife life, mom life and blogger life.
As we enter the New Year, I'm making health and wellness a priority again and you can join me :)
Here are 6 resolutions that are totally manageable and achievable...
1. Start each day with breakfast. I absolutely LOVE breakfast, but since becoming a mom I'm so focused on getting London fed that I've settled on eating her leftovers. I notice a HUGE difference on days when I actually eat a well-balanced meal in the morning. I have more energy and I'm in a better mood! My go-to breakfast is oatmeal with berries and walnuts, a wheat english muffin, a glass of water and cup of coffee.
2. Hit the gym at least three times per week. It pains me to write just three days a week, but I'm trying to be realistic with my goals. Six days a week just isn't feasible for my lifestyle anymore. I'd be happy to get to the gym for three solid workouts and mix in one at-home workout on the fourth day. (Here is a great cardio circuit workout you can try at home!)
3. Choose a focus area to work on. I'm all about the booty boost in 2017! No one likes a "mom butt" so my derriere is going to be the body part I focus on this coming year. *Stay tuned for more butt-busting workouts like this one I did a few weeks back!
4. Try for 8 hours of sleep per night. This is a tough one for me! I'm definitely a person who needs a lot of sleep to function, but it's not always possible with an 18-month old! While our daughter does sleep through the night (Amen!) my husband and I like to have down time and relax together once we put her to bed. My goal is to hit the hay by at least 10pm every night!
5. Recruit a friend a.k.a new workout partner. Accountability partners are a great thing to have in general, but can be SUPER helpful to achieve your health and fitness goals. Link up with a friend and keep each other motivated by trying new classes or workouts!
6. Treat yourself to some new gear. Every heard the phrase "look good, feel good?!" Well, no truer words have been spoken. I love to sport cute, matching activewear and it makes me excited (yes I said 'excited'...it's the little things) to actually visit the gym with new gear! Athleisure is a style all its own now so you can definitely look chic while you get your sweat on!
Shop some cute activewear here: