No amount of coffee can give me the same level of energy that I feel after I get a good workout in! There's nothing like it! I've always been one that LOVES to sweat (is that weird?) ... I just like the feeling of getting out all of those impurities! Last week, I did a quick circuit at the gym and I was so excited that I got the chance to book myself a 30-minute massage afterwards! Yes, that's right, my gym has a spa also ... ridiculous right? :) (Libby at Healthworks was my massage therapist, and I highly recommend her - she was fantastic!)
Of course, we all know that working out consistently is great for us physically and mentally - but what if I told you that there were many health benefits to massage therapy as well? Now, you don't have to feel like you're splurging on yourself ... you're just doing what's best for your body!
If you would like to try the circuit that I did prior to my massage, you can find that below! It's a 20-minute workout that you can do at home or at the gym. I find I'm more motivated at the gym, so I chose to do it there! Before I post my circuit, I wanted to share some ways that massage therapy can benefit you!
1. It promotes relaxation ... duh! Who doesn't need more of THAT is their lives?
2. It's a major stress reliever! I definitely felt a thousand times better after I left the spa and had more energy for the day
3. It improves circulation; the pressure moves blood through congested areas
4. Helps to improve Flexibility + Range of Motion by keeping joints more fluid and limber
5. It relaxes tense muscles which can relieve back or neck pain
...And as promised, here is the 20-Minute Circuit! *Do as many rounds as possible!
- 10 Burpees
- 20 Pushups
- 30 Situps
- 40 Squats
- 50-sec plank
Happy Friday! What's everyone doing this weekend?